About the role
We are looking for a back-end developer with good architecture skills to join our technology team. We develop and manage our own platform and we use a variety of server-side and client-side technologies. Our favourite candidates are software developers that follow best practices in terms of solutions and architecture, have experience in working with diverse technology stacks and are willing to take ownership and care of the product.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is also necessary. Agile is the process we use to manage our work flow.
- Work as part of a team, developing applications and services
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implement high-availability and performant applications
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
Technology is at the forefront of what we do, and the success of our company is based on our world-class technology and on finding solutions to real world problems that have not been solved to date. Our current stack includes:
- Languages: Node.js, Java, AngularJS, Python
- Android apps
- REST APIs
- Designing and manufacturing IoT ‘smart’ edge devices and expanding using Linux powered devices on the field collecting data using cutting edge technologies
- Focus on security, user authentication, permissions, data integrity
- AWS Cloud using EC2, Aurora, S3 and other services
- JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket (Atlassian products)
- Moving to a Microservices architecture using Kafka for messaging and currently implementing other patterns
- Continuous Integration and Delivery using Jenkins, SonarQube, New Relic, Docker,Terraform
- Test Driven Development environment with focus on testing and quality output
- Agile team using Scrum or Kanban (each team chooses the best approach to drive results)
- Reporting and Analytics using Pentaho
- Deep knowledge of AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience in contributing to existing project(s) with imperfect documentation and rapidly evolving requirements.
- Solid understanding of concepts like Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Code Coverage, Code Quality, Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, and Integration Testing.
- Have experience working with tools like JIRA and Confluence in a fully Agile environment
- Have experience using Jenkins as the CI tool.
- Professional and precise communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-moving small company environment where things change based on data and customer feedback.
- Basic understanding of back-end technologies
- Competitive base salary
- Company stock options package
- Eligible for discretionary annual bonus
- Health insurance
- 25 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays
- Shared office space with a great working environment and a flexible approach to work
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business