Account Executive (Singapore)
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 25 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai and Singapore. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings. Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% - 70% over 2 - 12 months, and maintained at these levels, with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers, and a net saving of staff time due to reduced food preparation and waste handling. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for restaurants. Watch our short videos on our YouTube channel to see the system in action.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about likeminded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up (and one of Wired’s top 100 start-ups in Europe) and help us propel our growth at what is truly the most exciting and dynamic points in time in our business. You will work alongside a driven team who are motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it.
The Operations team play a crucial role taking responsibility for running the on-boarding and implementation of our technology across new customers, as well as ensuring on-going success once the system is up and running on client sites.
The goal – successful pilots with early clients, such that they quickly become key clients deploying our technology on a national and international scale.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for an Account Executive to join the team.
You will be tasked with supporting both new and existing customers which involves pre-implementation set up of the system, on-site and remote training of teams, and providing the ongoing customer support to ensure the system is delivering the promised benefits, stepping in to find resolutions when this is not the case.
Our mission is to reduce food waste globally: Driving the impact expected in food waste reduction at site level is how this is achieved. You will be directly responsible for helping our clients achieve this.
- Build exceptionally strong relationships with clients ensuring they are bought in to making the Winnow system successful
- Setup systems, menus and client profiles with our systems, enabling smooth onboarding
- Train multi-disciplined teams to use Winnow both in person, in central training locations and remotely
- Help chefs and managers embed Winnow into their daily operation
- Work with clients to ensure their waste reduction targets are met through monitoring site performance
- Analyse client reports and troubleshoot with the client where needed
- Develop and manage KPIs jointly with the client and the implementation lead to ensure that the system is delivering a strong business case, implementing changes where necessary
- Improve processes that lead to an even better customer experience
- Gather client feedback and build it into our working processes or product backlog
Education and experience
- You are degree educated and might have completed studies in a hospitality or environmental related subject
- You may have experience within the hotel industry, ideally having worked within F&B for a multi-national organisation
- You will ideally have an intermediate to expert level of Excel and working knowledge of Word and Powerpoint
- You will have had a minimum of two to three years working experience in Account Management, Consultancy, Client Success or a related field
- You have proven experience of knowing what it takes to provide consistently first-class customer service to external customers, remaining calm and measured even when dealing with the most demanding individuals.
- You are comfortable taking ownership and accountability for your work whilst working effectively as part of a larger team.
- You are able to work independently with low supervision.
- You have excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data. You take your time to get things right first time.
- You are organised and have effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills. You can manage multiple tasks in parallel and complete tasks to tight deadlines even when under pressure.
- You are able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and have experience in dealing with individuals at all levels of seniority. You communicate clearly in both written and spoken language. You listen attentively; you process and comprehend what you hear and have the confidence to ask questions and to clarify ambiguous points.
- You are a highly motivated, data driven person, who can use data to track the success of your clients and clearly communicate this back to them, as well as the business development team.
- You understand how to manage change and are happy to ‘get your hands dirty’ in order to achieve the desired results.
- You have a good understanding of continuous process improvement and good analytical acumen.
- You are experienced in creating reports, analysing data and influencing client’s day to day decisions using findings.
- You have previous experience of working within Asia
- Language: English, additional language capacity is a plus
Our shared attributes
- You are both passionate and measured. You carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term
- You are transparent in approach and enjoy healthy, respectful debate. You work hard to build open and honest collaborative relationships
- You get things done and seek to continually improve. Your customers want you on their team
- You are passionate about the value of food and are committed to the fight against food waste
- You are humble in approach and quick to pitch in if you see someone struggling
- Competitive base salary
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
- Cool office in a shop house in Chinatown with the best coffee, healthy snacks and a great working environment
- Company part-funded health insurance
- 21 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation