We are looking for a quality assurance engineer to work across our various tools and services. We develop and manage our own web platforms and Android application through a variety of technologies. You will work horizontally across teams, understanding their products and contributing to delivering solid functional and tested solutions. You will work in Agile teams structured around the requirements of all our departments. It is important to understand that technology helps us deliver our solutions but is driven by the needs of our business.
- Design, write and execute well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate and prioritize the testing activities.
- Work with the developers to understand changes and identify and design specific test plans and scripts.
- Document software issues using an issue tracking system.
- Make sure the software meets the Acceptance criteria as defined by the Product Owner.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality exists at both functional and non-functional levels.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff with confidence when working with, reporting to, and providing/receiving guidance from team members.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analysis, process, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Proven experience in developing manual tests.
- Experience with Test Automation Tools or willingness to learn and automate tests.
- Experience testing web applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of different types of testing methodologies and testing life-cycles.
- Proven ability to learn complex software from both the user and developer perspectives.
- Debug problems in software development life cycle to improve testing process using test estimation techniques, tool selection process.
- Experience of working as part of an Agile team.
- Experience using Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, etc).
- Experience with ETL tools.
- Familiarity with CI toolsets (mainly Jenkins) and code analysis tools like SonarQube.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL and good understanding of SQL Queries.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject (or equivalent experience).
- Competitive base salary
- Company stock options package
- Eligible for discretionary annual bonus
- Health insurance
- 25 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays
- Shared office space with a great working environment and a flexible approach to work
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business