QA Manual Engineer
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through the internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 25 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai, and Singapore. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others. Our team has the kind of culture, alignment, energy, and passion you read articles about. If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, today is the day to get in touch.
About the job
We are looking for a QA Manual Engineer to assess software quality through manual testing by working across our various tools and services. We develop and manage our own web platforms and Android application through a variety of technologies. You will work horizontally across teams, understanding their products and contributing to delivering solid functional and tested solutions. You will work in Agile teams structured around the requirements of all our departments. It is important to understand that technology helps us deliver our solutions but is driven by the needs of our business. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches. In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are also competent in executing test cases and are passionate about quality, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications and systems work correctly.
- Design, write and execute well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate and prioritize the testing activities.
- Work with the developers to understand changes and identify and design specific test plans and scripts.
- Document software issues using an issue tracking system.
- Make sure the software meets the Acceptance criteria as defined by the Product Owner.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality exists at both functional and non-functional levels.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff with confidence when working with, reporting to, and providing/receiving guidance from team members.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analysis, process, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Proven experience in developing manual tests.
- Experience testing mobile Android applications.
- Experience testing web applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of different types of testing methodologies and testing life-cycles.
- Proven ability to learn complex software from both the user and developer perspectives.
- Debug problems in software development lifecycle to improve the testing process using test estimation techniques, tool selection process.
- Experience of working as part of an Agile team.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject (or equivalent experience).
- Competitive base salary
- Company stock options package
- Eligible for discretionary annual bonus
- Health insurance
- 25 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays
- Shared office space with a great working environment and a flexible approach to work
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business