Account Director - Contract Catering Europe
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 30 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai, Singapore, Romania and North America. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings. Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% - 70% with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for operations.
As the global leader in addressing food waste, we are committed to continue pushing the envelope on what technology can do to solve this problem. Winnow Vision, our new artificial intelligence-based technology, is trained to automatically track all food waste thrown away. It has won awards at the World Economic Forum and has been received tremendous enthusiasm from our clients and the industry. You can read more about it on our website and this article in Forbes.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about like minded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up (and one of Wired’s top 100 start-ups in Europe) and help us propel our growth at what is truly the most exciting and dynamic points in time in our business. You will work alongside a driven team who are motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it.
About the team
The European Business Development team is responsible for identifying new areas of opportunity to grow the number of sites using the WInnow system within Europe as well as for growing accounts with large, global clients.
About the role
To help us realise our ambitious vision, we're looking for an experienced Account Manager to manage and grow one of our biggest and most strategically important global accounts. Reporting into the Commercial Director, you'll be responsible for developing the strategy and identifying opportunities to grow this large account in the hospitality and food services sector.
With huge opportunity to partner with a global team and make a real impact, this role will suit an experienced Account Manager who believes fervently in our mission and can use that passion to drive change and performance in a fast-paced, target-driven environment.
- Develop strategies that enable us to scale and grow our most high profile global account, delivering incremental sales which exceed annual targets
- Nurture existing relationships to increase retention and improve the performance of the account
- Anticipate customer trends, predict and understand requirements, and proactively assess, articulate and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Evidence ROI and create proposals to build on past success to roll-out across entire portfolios
- Develop deep relationships with key influencers and full decision-making units to help build additional demand for our products
- Manage and solve any conflicts which arise ensuring customers are communicated to on a regular and transparent basis
- Act as the key communications interface between the customer and relevant Winnow teams, and marshal resources internally to ensure we are maximising the potential presented by these accounts
- Help shape the development of the Account Management within Winnow, including mentoring and skills development as necessary
- Track KPIs and report findings back to the senior team
Education and experience
- You are likely to be degree educated
- You have significant experience in Account Management and are proven in growing enterprise accounts globally
- You will ideally have experience working in the hospitality industry or a software company
- European language skills (particularly French and / or German) a distinct advantage
- You are results driven and can demonstrate how you have delivered effective solutions in a timely manner
- You have proven experience of knowing what it takes to provide consistently first-class customer service to external customers, remaining calm and measured even when dealing with the most demanding individuals
- You are comfortable taking ownership and accountability for your work whilst working effectively as part of a larger team
- You take a coaching approach with colleagues to ensure you always achieve the best results for your customers
- With excellent communication skills you are a confident and articulate presenter. You communicate clearly in both written and spoken language. You listen attentively and are experienced in building successful relationships at all levels from CEO to analyst
- You are persuasive and personable and find building relationships with your customers enjoyable
- You have excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data
- You have a solid grasp of financial analysis to build clear a business case for your customers
- Able to organise self, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, managing multiple tasks in parallel and completing tasks to tight deadlines
Our shared attributes
- You are both passionate and measured. You carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term
- You are transparent in approach and enjoy healthy, respectful debate. You work hard to build open and honest collaborative relationships
- You get things done and seek to continually improve. Your customers want you on their team
- You are passionate about the value of food and are committed to the fight against food waste
- You are humble in approach and quick to pitch in if you see someone struggling
- Competitive base salary
- Commission-based incentive scheme
- Life insurance
- Company part-funded health insurance
- Matching pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- 25 days of paid vacation time (plus the option to buy a further 5 days) in addition to national holidays
- The opportunity to love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
- Shared office space in central London with free happy hours and a great working environment