Client Success - International Account
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 25 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai and Singapore. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings. Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% - 70% over 2 - 12 months, and maintained at these levels, with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers, and a net saving of staff time due to reduced food preparation and waste handling. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for restaurants. Watch our short videos on our YouTube channel to see the system in action.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about likeminded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
- Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
- Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
- People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
- Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
- Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up (and one of Wired’s top 100 start-ups in Europe) and help us propel our growth at what is truly the most exciting and dynamic points in time in our business. You will work alongside a driven team who are motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it.
The Operations team play a crucial role taking responsibility for running the on-boarding and implementation of our technology across new customers, as well as ensuring on-going success once the system is up and running on client sites. Ensuring successful adoption and that food waste is both reduced and later maintain core to what we do.
The goal, successful pilots with early clients, such that they quickly become key clients deploying our technology on a national and international scale. Once they are key clients the aim is to provide an immaculate service avoiding churn and maintaining revenue.
This is a great opportunity to work with a renown global client and ensuring their long term success. This client is thoughtful, structured and ambitious. The role involves project management as well as client success and behavioural change activities.
You are an experienced success manager or project manager with strong emotional intelligence and an attention for detail? You are ambitious and entrepreneurial, able to adapt your plan to always exceed the expectations of our clients? Finally, you are passionate about sustainability and food?
You have direct experience in implementing technology in a hospitality, retail, or related setting with experience in behavioural change projects that involved a lot of client interaction.
You will already have experience in project management, technology implementation, and/or behavioural change projects, ideally in a hospitality, retail, or manufacturing setting. Hands on experience implementing process improvement.
Key Objectives of the role
- Meet delivery targets vs planned
- On-board and train
- Carry out client check ins
- Manage KPIs jointly with the client
- Effectively hand over for long term client success
- Input into the client road map based on customer feedback
- Work with the client on new projects
- Provide progress updates
Note, this role involves mostly European travel
- Passion for improving the way kitchens work and reducing food waste
- Drive to build a world class organization surrounded by a passionate team
- Proven track record of helping to deploy technology at a large scale across organisations
- Good analytical acumen
- Strong planning and organisational acumen
- Ability to build relationships with individuals at all levels
- Keen to “get your hands dirty” when needed for the overall success the business
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Risk appetite to join a fast growing startup
- Desire to improve and deliver honest, constructive feedback to others to help them do the same
- Pragmatic and cost conscious in values always focused on collaborating with our clients for success
- Swedish would be a plus
- Competitive base salary
- Life insurance
- Company part-funded health insurance
- Matching pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- 25 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
- Shared office space in central London with free happy hours and a great working environment