Area Business Development Manager China
Food waste costs hospitality over $100bn per annum, primarily due to wasted food purchasing costs, but also wasted labour, energy, and disposal costs. We at Winnow believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London, UK in 2013. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 10 countries around the world supported by its offices in London, Singapore, Dubai, Shanghai & North America. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling our system out across globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, Hyatt, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
This job offers a unique opportunity to become involved in one of the hottest areas of sustainability, with a rapidly growing startup.
Are you passionate, pragmatic, pioneering, collaborative, helpful and honest?
We are passionate about what we do and have a strong set of values as an organization. We are looking for you to come in and lead our business development efforts in China. You will be supported by a growing team to help us grow our top line while setting the ground work for scaling our China business development efforts.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings
Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% - 70% over 2 - 12 months, and maintained at these levels, with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers, and a net saving of staff time due to reduced food preparation and waste handling. This represents a typical improvement of food gross margins by 2% to 4%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for restaurants. Watch our short videos on our YouTube channel to see the system in action and a case study.
We have an open culture and believe in a hierarchy of ideas and results rather than by title. We share a common desire to learn and improve and give individuals a ton of freedom to help us shape how our business will grow.
- 7+ years in sales and marketing (In Hospitality or enterprise technology preferred)
- Proven experience in sales with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- 3+ years of experience in China
- Clear understanding of how to sell into large enterprise clients
- Experience in selling through resellers
- Passionate about sales techniques and processes
- Experience leadership skills with an interest in developing others
- Solid grasp of financial analysis to build clear business case for our clients
- A strong drive, work ethic, and constant desire to improve
- Experience selling to hospitality, primarily hotels and contract catering a big plus
Key objectives of role:
- Manage and grow business development efforts in China
- Working closely with resellers
- Develop strategies for winning and growing our business with major clients, ensuring we obtain the buy-in of the full decision making unit in China
- Nurture new accounts, highlighting early successes and advocating for scaling of our technology across their business
- Overview digital sales & marketing strategy and deployment for China with support of BD director of APAC and Managing Director APAC
- Deliver new business through running large scale pilots with major customers and converting them into broader rollouts across their estates
- Develop deep relationships with key influencers in the market to help build a demand for our product both with primary buyers (e.g., contract caters, hoteliers) and their customers (e.g., major corporates, facilities services consultants)
- Expand existing accounts, building on past successes to roll out across entire portfolios
- Lead large enterprise discussions with strategic clients with aim of helping improve their profitability by reducing waste at a country or even global level
- Identify routes into our target clients and building CxO-level relationships
- Refine our sales process in China improve the effectiveness of our sales team and scaling the team as we grow
- Accountable to work with regional Managing Director & BD Director to implement team culture and ethics
- Work alongside a driven team, dually motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it
- Provide the voice of the client to influence the evolution of our products
You need to be comfortable both as a hunter who helps us establish relationships with large, global clients and helping us mature our existing relationships. Success will include engaging with and supporting the full decision making unit of our key clients. You will spend significant time with our key sponsors in each organiation helping them build commitment to the business case of reducing waste across their business.
Capability to build strong relationships in the industry and establish thought leadership in the industrys
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Opportunity to take equity in a fast growing startup
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
- Company basic health insurance
- 20 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays