Operations Manager, North America
About the role
Now we are established in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, our next goal is to bring the Winnow System to North America. We are therefore looking for an exceptional individual to run the on-boarding and implementation of our technology across new clients in North America. The goal – successful pilots with early clients, such that they quickly become key clients deploying our technology on a national and international scale.
We have traction with leading companies in the industry who are adopting our system across their portfolio. Our product has been described as “transformative” and solving a well-known industry problem by well respected by industry leaders. We are delivering savings with our clients that is 2X to 10X our annual fees.
As an Operations Manager, you will be responsible for providing our new clients with a world-class experience. You will be helping our clients on-board, implement, drive reductions and sustain change through using our systems. You will also be responsible for establishing best practices that align to Winnow Operations globally, and continuously improving processes in the region.
Once a new client signs up, you will be expected to create an outstanding rapport with Chefs, Managers and Directors, and liaise with our Business Development team. You will also be expected to help sites set-up their system, train them, and ensure accurate use of the system by applying change management skills to embed Winnow into their organisation.
Our mission is to reduce food waste globally: Driving the impact expected in food waste reduction at site level is how this is achieved. You will be directly responsible for helping our clients achieve this.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build relationships with new Clients and get their buy in and commitment to achieving success through the Winnow system
- Understand the client's current situation and needs to tailor the best solution for them (able to calculate ROIs)
- Partner with Chefs to help them scope-out and agree where to place the systems in their kitchens
- Setup systems, menus and Client profiles on Winnow tools that enable Clients to on-board smoothly
- Train multi-cultural, multi-disciplined teams to use Winnow
- Help Chefs and Managers embed Winnow into their daily operation
- Work with Clients to ensure their waste reduction targets are met
- Analyse Client reports and troubleshoot with Client where needed
- Develop and manage KPIs jointly with the client and our business development lead to ensure that the system is delivering a strong business case
- Collaborate closely with the business development lead to ensure the sales process runs smoothly alongside the pilot phase
- Improve processes that lead to an even better customer experience
- Gather Client feedback and build it into our working processes or product backlog
Our Clients will be based across North America. Frequent travel in this territority should be expected with this role.
Education and experience
- You are likely to be degree educated and might have also completed an MBA
- You have significant work experience in roles in which you have needed to take a consultative approach with your external customers, and you are able to demonstrate how you have successfully excelled in delivering results for them
- Ideally you have worked in a start-up environment and have experience of working for a growing organisation
- You care about food, sustainability and tech. You are passionate about solving a real-world challenge: Reducing food waste globally.
- You enjoy working in a high-pressure but entrepreneurial environment, managing multiple tasks and clients in parallel, and planning and completing tasks to tight deadlines
- You are results driven and can demonstrate how you have delivered effective solutions in a timely manner
- You have a proven track record of creating reports, analysing data, identifying problems, analysing options and deploying sound decision making skills to influence client’s day to day decisions
- You have proven experience of knowing what it takes to provide consistently first-class customer service to external customers, remaining calm and measured even when dealing with the most demanding individuals
- You are comfortable taking ownership and accountability for your work whilst working effectively as part of a global Operations team
- You are persuasive and personable and find building relationships with your customers enjoyable
- You have excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data. You take your time to get things right first time
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills and are experienced in building successful relationships at all levels from CEO to analyst. You are a confident and articulate presenter. You communicate clearly in both written and spoken language. You listen attentively; you process and comprehend what you hear. You are also confident enough to ask questions and to clarify ambiguous points.
- You have experience in managing projects and driving change
Our shared attributes
- You are both passionate and measured. You carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term
- You are transparent in approach and enjoy healthy, respectful debate. You work hard to build open and honest collaborative relationships
- You get things done and seek to continually improve. Your customers want you on their team
- You are passionate about the value of food and are committed to the fight against food waste
- You are humble in approach and quick to pitch in if you see someone struggling