Customer Success Manager, Australia
Job description – Customer Success Manager, Sydney
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 25 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai and Singapore. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings. Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% - 70% over 2 - 12 months, and maintained at these levels, with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers, and a net saving of staff time due to reduced food preparation and waste handling. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for restaurants. Watch our short videos on our YouTube channel to see the system in action.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about likeminded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up (and one of Wired’s top 100 start-ups in Europe) and help us propel our growth at what is truly the most exciting and dynamic points in time in our business. You will work alongside a driven team who are motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it.
About the operations team
The Operations team are responsible for the on-boarding and implementation of our technology across new customers, as well as ensuring on-going success once the system is up and running on client sites. The goal – successful pilots with early clients, such that they quickly become key clients deploying our technology on a national and international scale.
The team manage the processes, systems and controls which enable our business to successfully scale and grow. The team continually review these processes to provide innovative enhancements to achieve operational excellence, which in turn enable the company to meet its strategic objectives.
Our Operations team consist of over 20 colleagues who are currently based in Dubai, London, Singapore and Shanghai.
About the role
We’re looking for an exceptional individual to help on-board and implement our technology across new clients in Australia and New Zealand, based in our Sydney Australia office.
As an Operations Manager, you will be responsible for providing our new clients with a world-class experience. You will be helping our clients on-board, implement, drive reductions and sustain change through using our systems. You will also be responsible for establishing best practices that align to Winnow Operations globally, and continuously improving processes in the region, as well as developing junior members of the team.
Once a new client signs up, you will be expected to create an outstanding rapport with Chefs, Managers and Directors, and liaise with our Business Development team. You will also be expected to help sites set-up their system, train them, and ensure accurate use of the system by applying change management skills to embed Winnow into their organisation.
Our mission is to reduce food waste globally: Driving the impact expected in food waste reduction at site level is how this is achieved. You will be directly responsible for helping our clients achieve this.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build relationships with new Clients and get their buy in
- Understand the client's current situation and needs to tailor the best solution for them (able to calculate ROIs)
- Partner with Chefs to help them scope-out and agree where to place the systems in their kitchens
- Setup systems, menus and Client profiles on Winnow tools that enable Clients to on-board smoothly
- Train multi-cultural, multi-disciplined teams to use Winnow
- Help Chefs and Managers embed Winnow into their daily operation
- Work with Clients to ensure their waste reduction targets are met
- Analyse Client reports and troubleshoot with Client where needed
- Develop and manage KPIs jointly with the client and our business development lead to ensure that the system is delivering a strong business case
- Collaborate closely with the business development lead to ensure the sales process runs smoothly alongside the pilot phase
- Improve processes that lead to an even better customer experience
- Gather Client feedback and build it into our working processes or product backlog
Education and experience
- You are likely to be degree educated
- 3-4 years relevant experience
- You have significant experience in helping implement systems with new customers and ensuring their ongoing success and engagement with the product
- You will ideally have working in a hospitality, a service industry, or a related setting, with experience working with, or in, a multi-national organisation
- You have an intermediate knowledge of Word / Excel / Powerpoint
- Able to work independently
- You are experienced in creating reports, analysing data and influencing client’s day to day decisions using findings
- You are results driven and can demonstrate how you have delivered effective solutions in a timely manner
- You have proven experience of knowing what it takes to provide consistently first-class customer service to external customers, remaining calm and measured even when dealing with the most demanding individuals
- You are comfortable taking ownership and accountability for your work whilst working effectively as part of a larger team
- You have experience working as part of a global team and building positive relationships with internal and external individual across borders
- You are persuasive and personable and find building relationships with your customers enjoyable
- You have excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data
- You are able to organise self, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, managing multiple tasks in parallel and completing tasks to tight deadlines
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills. You are a confident and articulate presenter. You communicate clearly in both written and spoken language. You listen attentively; you process and comprehend what you hear. You are also confident enough to ask questions and to clarify ambiguous points
- You have a track record of identifying problems, using data to analyse options and deploying sound decision making skills
- You have a good understanding of continuous process improvement and are able to demonstrate how you have improved processes in the past
- You are pragmatic and cost conscious in your values
- Start-up attitude. Excited by the opportunities and challenges of working in a fast-paced environment.
Our shared attributes
- You are both passionate and measured. You carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term
- You are transparent in approach and enjoy healthy, respectful debate. You work hard to build open and honest collaborative relationships
- You get things done and seek to continually improve. Your customers want you on their team
- You are passionate about the value of food and are committed to the fight against food waste
- You are humble in approach and quick to pitch in if you see someone struggling
- Travel, at times, to various customer locations in Australia and New Zealand
- Flexibility in hours worked as the role requires the ability to conduct business in different time zones.
- The role is initially envisaged as being part time and then moving to full time as the customer base increases
- Ability to work from home if required on an occasional basis
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation