Customer Support Executive APAC
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through the internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 30 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai, Singapore, Romania and North America. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings. Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% - 70% with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for operations.
As the global leader in addressing food waste, we are committed to continue pushing the envelope on what technology can do to solve this problem. Winnow Vision, our new artificial intelligence-based technology, is trained to automatically track all food waste thrown away. It has won awards at the World Economic Forum and has been received tremendous enthusiasm from our clients and the industry. You can read more about it on our website and this article in Forbes.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about like minded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
- Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
- Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where a healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
- People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
- Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
- Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up (and one of Wired’s top 100 start-ups in Europe) and help us propel our growth at what is truly the most exciting and dynamic points in time in our business. You will work alongside a driven team who are motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it.
About the team
The Operations team plays a crucial role in taking responsibility for running the on-boarding and implementation of our technology across new customers, as well as ensuring on-going success once the system is up and running on client sites.
The goal – successful pilots with early clients, such that they quickly become key clients deploying our technology on a national and international scale. Once, key clients, the aim is to provide an immaculate service avoiding churn and increasing revenue.
Delivering outstanding Customer Support plays a major part in our ability to retain our customers on an on-going basis.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a motivated and hard-working individual with a can-do attitude to join our driven Operations team. In addition to providing outstanding customer support, you will also have the opportunity to help collect and analyse key metrics about our business to be shared both internally with our department heads and Founders as well as externally with our investors. This role, therefore, requires strong attention to detail and a working understanding of excel and data analysis.
Key objectives of role:
The full scope of your role will be discussed in detail at interview, however typical tasks might include:
- Act as Key customer support person to existing clients in Asia with daily site performance monitoring
- Assess and solve any technical challenges faced by our clients within specific SLA’s
- Monitor all Winnow systems’ performance in the APAC region daily, while proactively contacting sites where technical challenges are detected
- Root cause problems and escalate common issues to the tech team in a structured manner
- Conduct appropriate re-engagement actions when required
- Assemble metrics for weekly and monthly internal support KPIs
- Prepare regular sites’ reports and performance analysis
- Collaborate closely with internal teams in different regions
- Take initiatives to improve internal process and procedure (in line with Winnow Int’l)
- Manage material stock levels and the assembly and shipping of our system for clients
- Sorting and managing datasets from clients across APAC
The Customer Support team within our Operations team are the lifeline to our sites. We believe in excellent customer service and put our clients at the forefront of what we do. This role is responsible for being the frontline support to our clients and ensure they are able to use the Winnow system to reach their food reduction targets. The role would be perfect for someone that loves problem-solving, proactively speaking to customers, and wanting to operate independently.
This entry level role should be seen as an amazing opportunity for you to join our organisation. We hope the successful candidate can grow and develop alongside us as we scale.
Education and experience:
- Candidates are likely to be at least diploma educated
- You will have excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Experience in customer support would be ideal
- Experience in hospitality and working in kitchens a big plus (but not a must)
- A keen user of technology and experienced in troubleshooting problems with ease
- Strong analytic skills; comfortable using data management tools such as Excel, performing data analysis and data annotation as needed
- Experience using Google applications to coordinate with colleagues
- You share our belief that collaboration is critical to achieving our mission. You can demonstrate how you have thrived working effectively in partnership with others
- You have proven experience in challenging and questioning the status quo. You enjoy suggesting creative and innovative solutions to improve the way things get done
- You are transparent and act with integrity at all times
- You are results driven and can demonstrate how you have delivered value added solutions which are intuitive and easy to use
- You are passionate about your career. You proactively stay abreast of developments in your own field of study whilst being driven and committed to helping the organisation achieve its mission
- Proven experience of knowing what it takes to provide consistently first-class customer service to customers, remaining calm and measured even when dealing with the most demanding of individuals
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data. You take your time to ensure you get things right the first time
- Able to organise self, including effective project management and scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, managing multiple tasks in parallel and completing tasks to tight deadlines
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills. You are articulate in both written and spoken English. You listen attentively; you process and comprehend what you hear. You are also confident enough to ask questions and to clarify ambiguous points
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and get work done, taking the initiative to help your team members. You have a growth mentality and a willingness to learn.
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
- Great office space in the vibrant Chinatown neighbourhood in Singapore (near Outram park MRT)
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation