About the role
We are looking for a talented software developer to join our team as and help us develop and manage our newest product. With front-line exposure to machine learning, you will have the opportunity to expand / enrich your knowledge in this exciting and cutting edge arena.
We use a variety of both server-side and client-side technologies. Our favourite candidates are developers that follow best practices in developing complete user interfaces with a focus on performance and are willing to take ownership and care of the product.
Your primary focus will be the development of modules and components and coupling them together into a functional application. You will work with highly competent software developers and communicate with the API using standard methods, so a basic understanding of all the components of our platform and infrastructure is necessary as well. Agile is the process we use to manage our workflow.
- Work as part of a best in class team, developing cutting edge applications and services
- Design and implement high-availability and performance applications
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Estimate effort required and deliver to your commitment
Technology is at the forefront of what we do, and the success of our company is based on our world-class technology and on finding solutions to real world problems that have not been solved to date.
We use a variety of server-side and client-side technologies. Our current stack is outlined below:
- Server side: Node.js, Java, Go, Python, embedded IOT
- Client side: VueJS
- Database: MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Build systems: CircleCI, Jenkins
- Task automation: Grunt
- Version control system: Git, BitBucket
- Android apps
- REST APIs
- Designing and manufacturing IoT ‘smart’ edge devices and expanding using Linux powered devices on the field collecting data using cutting edge technologies
- Focus on security, user authentication, permissions, data integrity
- AWS Cloud using EC2, Aurora, S3 and other services
- Moving to a Microservices architecture using Kafka for messaging and currently implementing other patterns
- Continuous Integration and Delivery using Jenkins, SonarQube, New Relic, Docker,Terraform
- Test Driven Development environment with focus on testing and quality output
- Reporting and Analytics using Pentaho
- Candidates are likely to hold a Masters or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or any related field with emphasis on information technology
- You should be able to programme using at least two programming languages - one of them being Node,js, Python, Java and eager to expand skills, when needed, to complete a project.
- You will be keen on working on back-end work (mostly REST APIs, Kafka, MQTT, etc) but able to help out on Front-End tasks (AngularJS/Vue) when there is need.
- Hands-on software engineer with experience on development of a major project/product hosted in AWS.
- Solid knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL or PostgreSQL) and SQL query writing.
- Solid understanding of programming (not just using frameworks, extensions and plugins but understanding what they do, how they work and if needed build/extend them)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience in contributing to existing project(s) with imperfect documentation and rapidly evolving requirements.
- Solid understanding of concepts like Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Code Coverage, Code Quality, Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, and Integration Testing.
- Have experience working with tools like JIRA and Confluence in a fully Agile environment using Jenkins as the CI tool.
- Comfortable in a fast-moving small company environment where things change based on data and customer feedback.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies
- Competitive base salary
- Company stock options package
- Eligible for discretionary annual bonus
- Subsidised health insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- 25 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays
- Shared office space with a great working environment and a flexible approach to work
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business