Customer Success Executive German speakers required (Dutch or other languages are a plus)
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 30 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai, Singapore, Romania and North America. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings. Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% - 70% with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for operations.
As the global leader in addressing food waste, we are committed to continue pushing the envelope on what technology can do to solve this problem. Winnow Vision, our new artificial intelligence-based technology, is trained to automatically track all food waste thrown away. It has won awards at the World Economic Forum and has been received tremendous enthusiasm from our clients and the industry. You can read more about it on our website and this article in Forbes.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about likeminded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up (and one of Wired’s top 100 start-ups in Europe) and help us propel our growth at what is truly the most exciting and dynamic points in time in our business. You will work alongside a driven team who are motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it.
About the operations team
The Operations team are responsible for the on-boarding and implementation of our technology across new customers, as well as ensuring on-going success once the system is up and running on client sites. The goal – successful pilots with early clients, such that they quickly become key clients deploying our technology on a national and international scale.
The team manage the processes, systems and controls which enable our business to successfully scale and grow. The team continually review these processes to provide innovative enhancements to achieve operational excellence, which in turn enable the company to meet its strategic objectives.
Our Operations team consist of over 27 colleagues who are based in London, Dubai, Singapore, Shanghai and the US.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Client Success Executive to play an instrumental role on implementing our technology in our growing markets in Europe. This role might suit someone looking for their first permanent opportunity, or equally a second jobber wanting to build on some work experience they have gained already.
If you are a driven, bi-lingual, entrepreneurial candidate with strong problem solving skills who is excited about supporting exciting projects and delivering outstanding results, we would love to hear from you.
This role will involve regional and international travel. You should be comfortable to spend around 25% of your time travelling.
As a Client Success Executive, you will be helping our clients on-board, implement, drive food waste reductions and sustain change through our technology:
- Build exceptionally strong relationships with clients ensuring they are bought in to making the Winnow system successful;
- Manage the process of smoothly onboarding customers, train multi-disciplined teams to use Winnow both in person, in central training locations and remotely;
- Keep clients engaged by working with them to ensure their waste reduction targets are met through monitoring site performance and using Winnows’ insights
- Proactively analyse client reports and troubleshoot with the client where needed
- Manage KPIs jointly with the client and Winnow's senior team members to ensure that the system is delivering a strong business case, implementing changes where necessary
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, customer’s experience and product
- Support our front line tech and customer support team with clients enquiries where required
Education and experience
- You are likely to be degree educated
- You are likely to have work experience within the hotel or hospitality industry, ideally within a multi-national organisation in a Client Success / Delivery or Project Management / Account Management / Consultancy capacity
- You will ideally have an intermediate level of Excel and working knowledge of Word and Powerpoint
- You are fluent in English, German and any other language is a plus (ideally ductch)
- You are results driven and highly motivated. You are a data driven person who can use data to track the success of your clients
- You have proven experience of knowing what it takes to provide consistently first-class customer service to external customers, remaining calm and measured even when dealing with the most demanding individuals
- You are comfortable taking ownership and accountability for your work whilst working effectively as part of a larger team and with limited supervision
- You have experience working as part of a global team and building positive relationships with internal and external individual across borders
- With excellent communication skills you are a confident and articulate presenter. You communicate clearly in both written and spoken language. You listen attentively and are experienced in building successful relationships at all levels from CEO to analyst
- You are persuasive and personable and find building relationships with your customers enjoyable
- You have excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data. You take your time to get things right first time
- You are able to organise self, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, managing multiple tasks in parallel and completing tasks to tight deadlines
- You understand how to manage change and are happy to get your hands dirty
Our shared attributes
- You are both passionate and measured. You carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term
- You are transparent in approach and enjoy healthy, respectful debate. You work hard to build open and honest collaborative relationships
- You get things done and seek to continually improve. Your customers want you on their team
- You are passionate about the value of food and are committed to the fight against food waste
- You are humble in approach and quick to pitch in if you see someone struggling
- Competitive base salary
- Company stock options package
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Company part-funded health insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- 25 days of paid vacation time (plus the option to buy a further 5 days annual leave) in addition to national holidays
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business