Executive Assistant (flexible working pattern available)
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 30 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai and Singapore. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings. Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% - 70% over 2 - 12 months, and maintained at these levels, with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers, and a net saving of staff time due to reduced food preparation and waste handling. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for restaurants. Watch our short videos on our YouTube channel to see the system in action.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about likeminded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up (and one of Wired’s top 100 start-ups in Europe) and help us propel our growth at what is truly the most exciting and dynamic points in time in our business. You will work alongside a driven team who are motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it.
About the opportunity
Following a period of continued global expansion, we are now recruiting for an outstanding individual to provide support to our company Founders.
The Founders are based in London, so you will need to be able to operate independently to provide top quality service remotely. You’ll be organised, proactive, efficient and in control, so the Founders can make maximum use of their time.
We are looking for a confident individual who is ready to show (rather than wait to be told) how they can add value and make our Founders’ lives easier on a daily basis. Someone who thinks ahead and identifies tasks to be done before being told. Someone who before long, our Founders can’t live without!
- Proactive diary management, including setting up video conferencing calls (over many time zones), as well as internal and external meetings, room bookings, materials etc.
- Understand current priorities for Founders so diaries can be coordinated appropriately
- Make travel arrangements including flight and accommodation bookings, visas, transfers etc
- Prepare briefing notes in advance of external meetings to include background research on the people being met, a summary of the purpose and objective of the meeting, meeting agenda and any other relevant information
- Compile and prepare branded presentations and reports as required
- Consolidate information to create a monthly investor update email
- Consolidate board pack materials and circulate in advance
- Prepare and circulate pre-board meeting paperwork, attend a board meeting (remotely) and take meeting notes
- Manage the inboxes of the Founders, ensuring all emails are vetted and responded to in a professional and timely manner
- Build effective relationships with global employees establishing yourself as the go-to person for team members for anything involving the Founders
- Manage all expenses on behalf of senior members of the global team
- Manage and coordinate team and communication events such as weekly team meetings, bi-weekly management meetings and supporting logistics for off-site meetings. Take minutes and follow up on actions as required
- Answer phone calls, directing to the relevant person as appropriate
- Remind Founders of outstanding tasks and deadlines, providing updates to those chasing
- Ensure KPI’s and dashboards are kept up to date, asking relevant individuals for information / updates where outstanding
- Order business cards via local suppliers for our global offices
- Order stationary and supplies for the local office
- Manage local regulated paperwork e.g. following business trips, team events, GDPR
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as necessary. For example:
- Review Founders extensive networks, creating a contact directory of those most relevant and organise and schedule meetings with those selected for follow up conversations
- Review events and conferences which might be attended by potential customers, and create a list to target offering our participation in speaking slots
Education and experience
- You are likely to be degree educated
- You have significant experience supporting company Executives remotely with a wide range of different tasks
- You are a self-starter who is proven in creating professional presentations / documents from scratch following concise briefings
- You have an advanced working knowledge of Word and Powerpoint
- You have excellent spoken and written English
- You are comfortable taking ownership and accountability for your work
- You have experience working as part of a global team and building positive relationships with internal and external individuals across borders
- You have excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data. You take your time to get things right first time
- You understand that the team is relying on you to get things done and you will do whatever it takes to exceed their expectations
- You are able to organise self, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, managing multiple tasks in parallel and completing tasks to tight deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills in both written and spoken language. You listen attentively; you process and comprehend what you hear. You are confident enough to ask questions and to clarify ambiguous points
- You are proactive in approach and don’t wait to be told to do something
- You are experienced in handling sensitive and confidential information and can be relied upon to act with complete discretion as required
Our shared attributes
- You are both passionate and measured. You carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term
- You are transparent in approach and enjoy healthy, respectful debate. You work hard to build open and honest collaborative relationships
- You get things done and seek to continually improve. Your customers want you on their team
- You are passionate about the value of food and are committed to the fight against
- Competitive base salary
- Company stock options package
- Eligible for discretionary annual bonus
- Health insurance
- 25 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays
- Shared office space with a great working environment and a flexible approach to work
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business