Head of Account Management
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We are operating in over 30 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai, Singapore and Iowa City. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Today Winnow works across four key market segments: hotel chains, contract catering, quick service restaurants and cruise ships. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste is reduced by 50% - 70% over 2 - 12 months, and maintained at these levels, with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality of the offer. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for restaurants.
Watch our short videos on our YouTube channel to see the system in action.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up and help us propel our growth at what is truly the most exciting and dynamic points in time in our business. You will work alongside a driven team who are motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it.
About the team
The European Business Development team is responsible for identifying new areas of opportunity to grow the number of sites using the Winnow system within Europe. The team are motivated and driven to achieve their ambitious targets, and consist of 3 departments: Marketing (5 people); Business Development (8 people); and Account Management (3 people). All departments report into the Commercial Director.
About the role
To help us realise our ambitious vision, we're looking for an experienced Account Manager to lead a fast-growing team. Reporting into the Commercial Director, you'll be accountable for the commercial and operational performance of our expanding international portfolio of key accounts across the hospitality and food services sectors.
With a significant opportunity to expand new accounts and retain mature accounts, this role will suit an experienced leader who believes fervently in our mission and can use that passion to drive change and performance in a fast-paced, target-driven environment.
- Develop strategies that enable us to scale with key accounts, time and again
- Support Account Managers, from developing strategies to grow their accounts, through to the successful implementation of those strategies
- Responsible for setting and reporting team KPIs and other key commercials on the accounts
- Identify and convert opportunities to expand within existing accounts and deliver incremental sales which exceed annual targets
- Nurture existing relationships to increase retention and improve the performance of the account
- Anticipate customer trends, predict and understand requirements, and proactively assess, articulate and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Evidence ROI and create proposals to build on past success to roll-out across entire portfolios
- Develop deep relationships with key influencers and full decision-making units to help build additional demand for our products
- Manage and solve any conflicts which arise ensuring customers are communicated to on a regular and transparent basis
- Act as the key communications interface between the customer and relevant Winnow teams, and marshal resources internally to ensure we are maximising the potential presented by these accounts
- Help shape the development of the Account Management and New Business functions within Winnow, including mentoring and skills development as necessary
Education and experience
- You are likely to be degree educated
- You have significant experience in Account Management and are proven in growing enterprise accounts globally
- You will ideally have experience working in the hospitality industry or a software company
- European language skills (particularly French and / or German) a distinct advantage
- You are results driven and can demonstrate how you have delivered effective solutions in a timely manner
- You have proven experience of knowing what it takes to provide consistently first-class customer service to external customers, remaining calm and measured even when dealing with the most demanding individuals
- You are comfortable taking ownership and accountability for your work whilst working effectively as part of a larger team
- With proven leadership capabilities, you are able to demonstrate how you have successfully implemented your projects by delivering through others.
- You take a coaching approach with colleagues to ensure you always achieve the best results for your customers
- With excellent communication skills you are a confident and articulate presenter. You communicate clearly in both written and spoken language. You listen attentively and are experienced in building successful relationships at all levels from CEO to analyst
- You are persuasive and personable and find building relationships with your customers enjoyable
- You have excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data. You take your time to get things right first time
- You have a solid grasp of financial analysis to build clear a business case for your customers
- Able to organise self, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills, managing multiple tasks in parallel and completing tasks to tight deadlines
Our shared attributes
- You are both passionate and measured. You carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term
- You are transparent in approach and enjoy healthy, respectful debate. You work hard to build open and honest collaborative relationships
- You get things done and seek to continually improve. Your customers want you on their team
- You are passionate about the value of food and are committed to the fight against food waste
- You are humble in approach and quick to pitch in if you see someone struggling
- Competitive base salary
- Commission-based incentive scheme
- Life insurance
- Company part-funded health insurance
- Matching pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Eyecare vouchers
- 25 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays
- The opportunity to love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
- Shared office space in central London with free happy hours and a great working environment