QA Automation Engineer
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through the internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 25 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai and Singapore. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others. Our team have the kind of culture, alignment, energy, and passion you read articles about. If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, today is the day to get in touch.
About the job
We are looking for a quality assurance automation engineer to work across our various tools and services. We develop and manage our own web platforms and Android application through a variety of technologies. You will work horizontally across teams, understanding their products and contributing to delivering solid functional and tested solutions. You will work in Agile teams structured around the requirements of all our departments. It is important to understand that technology helps us deliver our solutions but is driven by the needs of our business.
- Design write and execute maintainable integration and end-to-end tests in a multi-programming-language environment.
- Produce well-structured test plans
- Estimate and prioritize the testing activities.
- Work with the developers to understand changes and identify and design specific test plans and scripts.
- Make sure the software continues to meet the acceptance criteria as defined by the Product Owners.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality exists at both functional and non-functional levels.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff with confidence when working with, reporting to, and providing/receiving guidance from team members.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Understands SOLID engineering principles and enjoys writing code to test complex distributed applications.
- Determined to build a quality testing suite to help winnow release faster and with increasing confidence.
- Identify issues in every development stage where automated tests run and work with developers to identify the root cause prior to any release or accelerate testing to issue a hot-fix.
- Experience with Test Automation Tools
- Experience testing web applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of different types of testing methodologies and testing life-cycles.
- Proven ability to learn complex software from both the user and developer perspectives.
- Experience of working as part of an Agile team.
- Familiarity with CI toolsets (mainly Jenkins) and code analysis tools like SonarQube.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL and a good understanding of SQL Queries.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject (or equivalent experience).
- Engineering background with a good understanding of at least one language Java, Python, Go, etc.
- Competitive base salary
- Company stock options package
- Eligible for discretionary annual bonus
- Health insurance
- 25 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays
- Shared office space with a great working environment and a flexible approach to work
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business