Operations Shared Services Manager
Have you built a customer support function at scale before? Were your customer support metrics outstanding and your clients over the moon? This is the perfect opportunity for you to come an build an international function that covers the UK, Dubai, Singapore and North America.
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 25 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai and Singapore. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings. Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% - 70% over 2 - 12 months, and maintained at these levels, with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers, and a net saving of staff time due to reduced food preparation and waste handling. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for restaurants. Watch our short videos on our YouTube channel to see the system in action.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about likeminded talent who share these values, joining us in our mission:
- Equal parts head and heart. We’re both passionate and measured. We carefully balance the need for quick solutions and pragmatism with the ability to step back, take in the bigger picture and build for the long term.
- Bravely honest. With each other, that means we’re a transparent organisation where healthy, respectful debate is encouraged. With our customers, we challenge them if we don’t think they’re achieving their goals, whether they be environmental or financial.
- People of action. Done is better than perfect, and we learn by boldly doing then rapidly improving. We’re breaking new ground, so we know things might go wrong. But we judge ourselves and each other on our reaction and our resilience.
- Bound by food. We’re a diverse bunch, but our belief in the value of food is the common thread in everything we do. With each other, we celebrate through our love and respect for food. With our customers, it means we work hard to develop creative tools to make it easy for chefs to value food.
- Hungry and humble. Our product is revolutionary, our people are impressive, and we’re hungry for change. But, we’re just the catalyst for a bigger movement. We stay humble regardless of our success, and make chefs the heroes in this journey.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing start-up (and one of Wired’s top 100 start-ups in Europe) and help us propel our growth at what is truly the most exciting and dynamic points in time in our business. You will work alongside a driven team who are motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it.
The Operations team play a crucial role taking responsibility for running the on-boarding and implementation of our technology across new customers, as well as ensuring on-going success once the system is up and running on client sites.
The goal – successful pilots with early clients, such that they quickly become key clients deploying our technology on a national and international scale. Once key clients the aim is to provide an immaculate service avoiding churn and increasing revenue.
About the Role
This is a key role responsible for professionalising our Shared Services Operations Team.
You will be held accountable for professionally setting up and running:
- Customer Support
- Materials, assembly and shipping
- Menu building
This will involve bringing your experience in setting up extraordinary customer support teams that make data driven decisions, assessing best location to build our systems and making it happen, ensuring that both menus and systems are built on time and delivered in full.
Develop our customer communications systems and processes to ensure that we:
- Better understand our customers, their goals, aspirations, and challenges
- Transform how we communicate with our customers according to their preferences
- Create a simpler, seamless customer experience across the whole organisation
- Listen to our customers about how we can continually improve our services
- Monitor our performance using data and meet our SLAs
- Ensuring that customer service reflect top NPS scores
- Use the Voice of the Customer to support the product team with defining internal or external user requirements
Analyse our product flow and optimise it:
- Assess where best to build our systems to be fit for scale
- Find simple ways to optimise how we build and maintain our clients menus
- Embeds standards that are followed consistently globally
- Change management expert
- Data driven
- Excellent communications skills
- English and ideally one or two other languages
- You will be able to challenge, influence and persuade others
- Build excellent rapport with clients and suppliers
- You will be able to respond to customer complaints in a caring professional manner
- Proactive in your approach and flexible to cope with various demands
- Competitive base salary
- Life insurance
- Company part-funded health insurance
- Matching pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- 25 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
- Shared office space in central London with free happy hours and a great working environment