Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join us in making a real difference to food waste in MENA. You will be directly responsible for leading the deployment of the Winnow system across a significant number of sites for a major global brand. Such is the investment our client are making in reducing food waste, you will be employed by them directly, but seconded to Winnow to lead the implementation surrounded by the support of the product company. We expect the deployment to last for a minimum of 2 years, but more than likely to last even longer.
About the team
The secondment will sit within the Operations team of Winnow. Operations play a crucial role taking responsibility for running the on-boarding and implementation of our technology across new customers, as well as ensuring on-going success once the system is up and running on client sites.
The goal – successful pilots with early clients, such that they quickly become key clients deploying our technology on a national and international scale. Once key clients the aim is to provide an immaculate service avoiding churn and increasing revenue.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build relationships on new client sites and get their buy in
- Understand the client's current situation and needs to tailor the best solution for them (able to calculate ROIs)
- Partner with Chefs to help them scope-out and agree where to place the systems in their kitchens
- Setup systems, menus and Client profiles on Winnow tools that enable Clients to on-board smoothly
- Train multi-cultural, multi-disciplined teams to use Winnow
- Help Chefs and Managers embed Winnow into their daily operation
- Work with Clients to ensure their waste reduction targets are met
- Analyse Client reports and troubleshoot with Client where needed
- Develop and manage KPIs jointly with sites to ensure that the system is delivering a strong business case
- Improve processes that lead to an even better customer experience
- Gather Client feedback and build it into our working processes or product backlog
• Ability to travel across the UAE, Middle East and Africa upon occasion
You care about the food, sustainability and tech. You are passionate about solving a real-world challenge: Reducing food waste globally.
You are a highly motivated, organised, data driven person, with strong emotional intelligence and high attention for detail. You focus on efficiency in your day to day without impacting client relations. You can use data to track the success of your clients and clearly communicate this back to them, as well as the business development team.
You enjoy working in a high-pressure but entrepreneurial environment, managing numerous project implementations and prioritising several tasks at one given moment is essential. In return, you will be able to directly see the impact of your efforts on the business.
In addition you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a hospitality, a service industry, or a related setting, with experience working with, or in, a multi-national organisation
- Hands on experience communicating directly with clients and building strong relationships
- Experience creating reports, analysing data and influencing a site’s day to day decisions using findings
- Change management and project management skills
- Proven track record of working with clients daily and an ability to build relationships with individuals at all levels
- Strong change management skills
- Data driven, impeccable planning and organisational acumen
- Keen to “get your hands dirty” when needed for the overall success the business
- Immaculate English speaking and writing skills are essential, and ideally you will be proficient in at least 1 other language, with Hindi or Arabic the preference.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and prioritising several tasks at one given moment
- Desire to always personally improve and deliver honest, constructive feedback to others to help them do the same
- Good understanding of continuous process improvement and good analytical acumen
- Pragmatic and cost conscious in values always focused on collaborating with our clients to help them succeed
- Shared office space in Dubai with free happy hours and a great working environment
- 22 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays