Marketing Assistant Intern UAE
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 30 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai and Singapore. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group, Costa Cruises and many others.
Are you passionate, pragmatic, and collaborative with a strong attention to detail?
We are passionate about what we do and have a strong set of values as an organization. This job offers a unique opportunity to become involved in one of the hottest areas of sustainability, within a rapidly growing company. We are looking for you to come in join our marketing team to help support our content generation.
You will be experienced and confident in your written ability and have a keen interest in tech for good and sustainability issues. You will be highly organized, with great attention to detail and excellent written and spoken English.
Key objectives of role:You will assist the Marketing Team in all daily marketing activities in our Dubai office. Main responsibilities include creating engaging video content with our clients, coordinating events and partnerships, writing blog content and working with Winnow’s marketing manager on PR campaigns.
Core skills and experience:
- 1+ years experience working with marketing or marketing related degree
- Solid understanding of marketing fundamentals
- Experience in content creation (video, photography, blog)
- Experience organising events highly desirable
- Excellent command of English with strong writing skills
- Social media marketing experience (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Experience with video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, iMovie)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is a plus
- Organised and eager to work in a fast paced environment
- Curious mind, great interpersonal & communication skills
- A proven team player, with a natural tendency to collaborate with others
- Candidate needs to be in the UAE already under family, spouse or student VISA
Key objectives of role:
- Content creation with major focus on videos
- Take responsibility and assist in organising events
- Assist the marketing team with region related PR activities
- Build partnership with relevant local and regional organizations working within the Hospitality and Foodservice sector
- Building a deep understanding of the target customers through customer interviews and other research and use this knowledge to contribute to content creation (Blog posts,newsletters, videos, webinars, infographics, case studies) appealing to them
- The possibility of growing into a permanent position
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
- Shared office space in Dubai with a great working environment
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation