QA Manual Engineer
Food waste is a $1 trillion problem – costing the world over 1% of global GDP. We’re dead set on solving the problem and looking for people to help us achieve our mission. We, at Winnow, believe that food is far too valuable to waste, and that technology can transform the way we produce food. Our team is made of people who all share a passion for food and technology.
Winnow was founded in London in 2013 to help the hospitality industry prevent food waste through internet of things tools in the kitchen. We have worked with hundreds of sites and are operating in over 30 countries around the world supported by our offices in London, Dubai, Shanghai, Singapore, Romania and North America. We are a rapidly growing company with a strong base of clients who are rolling out our system globally. We have blue-chip customers including Accor Hotels, IKEA, IHG, Marriott, Compass Group and many others.
Winnow’s clients on average reduce waste by over 50% by value and sustain savings. Winnow has now worked with hundreds of sites to reduce food waste, including hotels, universities and schools, staff restaurants, event/hospitality kitchens, buffets, pubs, and high street restaurants. Where the system is permanently adopted, pre-consumer waste value is reduced by 50% - 70% with no detrimental impact to the perceived quality or value of the offer to their customers. This represents a typical improvement of food cost savings of 3% to 8%, commonly a 40%+ increase in profitability for operations.
As the global leader in addressing food waste, we are committed to continue pushing the envelope on what technology can do to solve this problem. Winnow Vision, our new artificial intelligence-based technology, is trained to automatically track all food waste thrown away. It has won awards at the World Economic Forum and has been received tremendous enthusiasm from our clients and the industry. You can read more about it on our website and this article in Forbes.
About the role
We are looking for a QA Manual Engineer to assess software quality through manual testing by working across our various tools and services. We develop and manage our own web platforms and Android application through a variety of technologies. You will work horizontally across teams, understanding their products and contributing to delivering solid functional and tested solutions. You will work in Agile teams structured around the requirements of all our departments. It is important to understand that technology helps us deliver our solutions but is driven by the needs of our business. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches. In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are also competent in executing test cases and are passionate about quality, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications and systems work correctly.
- Design, write and execute well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate and prioritise the testing activities.
- Work with the developers to understand changes and identify and design specific test plans and scripts.
- Document software issues using an issue tracking system.
- Make sure the software meets the Acceptance criteria as defined by the Product Owner.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality exists at both functional and non-functional levels.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff with confidence when working with, reporting to, and providing/receiving guidance from team members.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analysis, process, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Proven experience in developing manual tests.
- Experience testing mobile Android applications.
- Experience testing web applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of different types of testing methodologies and testing life-cycles.
- Proven ability to learn complex software from both the user and developer perspectives.
- Debug problems in software development life cycle to improve testing process using test estimation techniques, tool selection process.
- Experience of working as part of an Agile team.
- Experience using Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, etc).
- Experience with ETL tools.
- Familiarity with CI toolsets (mainly Jenkins) and code analysis tools like SonarQube.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL and good understanding of SQL Queries.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject (or equivalent experience).
- Competitive base salary
- Company stock options package
- Eligible for discretionary annual bonus
- Health insurance
- 25 days of paid vacation time in addition to national holidays
- Shared office space with a great working environment and a flexible approach to work
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business